SERVICE STABILITRAK -- SYSTEM MALFUNCTION

2006 Cadillac DTS

Suspension problem
2006 Cadillac DTS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 48,900 miles

Driving 40mph and for a brief moment, Service Stabilitrak appeared on the driver's console & the Traction Light Indicator came on --meanwhile the stabilit system kicked on then off briefly. Those error msgs went away quickly & driving resumed as normal.

Half mile later, I was driving ~70mph in the slow lane of interstate w/ traffic --the car swarved wildly back and forth(traction control kicked on and stayed on), same two indicators came on, and when I hit the brakes, they didn't slow the car much. It felt LIKE traction control kicked on and the ABS were locked up. Thank God that I was in the right lane of the interstate because the swarving took my car almost sideways at that high speed -- there were cars flying past me on the left side. Onstar did a diagnostic and found the same diagnosis. I did not know to ask for a diagnosis code at the time.

I drove the car for 30 minutes at 15mph to get home - all the while, the SERVICE STABILITRAK message and the TRACTION CONTROL (idiot light) stayed on constantly.

GM roadside svs took the car to the Cadillac service shop. Mechanic says that the computer has no indication of any problems or codes. He says that he cannot fix the car.

He asked MEfor the code! Shouldn't he be able to contact Onstar for the code that they saw?

I'm absolutely afraid to drive this car until the issue has been addressed. Mechanic refuses to make an attempt.
Goldann1