STABILAZATION SYSTEM

2002 Cadillac DTS

Suspension problem
2002 Cadillac DTS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 76500 miles

The message " stabillazation system engaged" appears frequently at the message center, for no apparant reason.(Every 3-5 min.) 25 to 60 mph, accellerating or decellerating or neither, turning or going straight, road wet or dry it doesn't seem to make any difference. New tires and new brake pads did not correct the problem. When it engages it sometimes feels and sounds like a brake chatter and pulls slightly to left or right. Almost always, whether chatter or not, I always feel the car decellerate slightly as if slightly touching the brake. I believe it is braking. The book says it is supposed to do this as a corrective measure when it feels one wheel on the car start to slide. This is not what is causing it. I have driven it 55,000 mi. Can this be easily corrected? Could I do it myself? If I took it in to the dealer would it be an expensive repair. What I would like to do is simply disconnect the system unlless it would mess up some thing else. I no it is a safety feature for a expensive car but I don't think I really need it?
Thanks rjones ps give me a address and I will send a donation. I do not like to toss around cr. Card nos.
Rjones1111

Some considerations are a faulty wheel speed sensor, it could be indicating one wheel faster or slower than the other(s). It could relate to the yaw sensor being faulty or loose, or a faulty steering position sensor. The system is thoroughly integrated in the vehicle, and to disable it would cause problems, messages, communication faults, just to name a few. It is hard to say at this point, how expensive it would be, it all depends on the diagnosis.

Factoryjack