WON'T START

2000 Cadillac DTS

2000 Cadillac DTS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 210000 miles

I have a 2000 DTS, when I turn the key I hear a rapid clicking sound and the car wont start. I've tried to reset the alarm with the remote and by locking and unlocking the doors with the key. I also unhooked the battery to see if that would help. When the car was running it somtimes would cut out while driving, I would have to restart the car to get it going again. All the lights on the dash and all the headlights are working, I don't know what the problem is, can I get some help please, please, please. I'm loosing my mind.
BRYANTL

Do you have a check engine light?

Check the battery and connection make sure its cleaned and properly tightened-Disconnecting the battery the computer lost its memory and must go thru a computer releaning process

Yes the engine light is on.

BRYANTL
Next thing to do is get it scanned for OBD2 code/s and get back with the code/s this is where the starting point of diagnosis.