IS THE MOTOR STILL GOOD?

1960 Cadillac DTS

1960 Cadillac DTS V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic unknow miles

I just bought this old caddy When I started it it ran fine for 30 min. Then blew a pin hole in the heater hose. Old rusty water. I took it to a mechanic to see if the block was cracked or a blown head gasket. They checked out the car and said it was fine. They flushed radiator replaced the heater hose. Changed the oil and said car is fine. When I just checked the oil its golden but has a little light gray material on the very end of the dipstick. Another mechanic said it might be bearing material. Change the oil again with a B/G product. And check again. The car runs fine right now. How can I be sure Motor is GOOD?
Buckstruck

Does it make any unusual noises? Does it smoke when you first start it or when it's running. With it idling in park, bring the RPM's up quickly to about 2000 or so. Just snap the throttle and watch for a puff of smoke or any smoke at all. If it's not smoking or making noise, I would call it OK. Does it have sufficient power? Does it run hot? Some pressure on the cooling system is normal, by design and theory so the pin hole in the hose was probably the hose's fault, not the engine's. You did right by having it flushed. Also, the light gray 'stuff' on the tip of the dipstick, that may be something on the inside of the dipstick tube, like some residue or something that when you push the stick down to check the oil, you scrape it off with the tip of the dipstick so don't panic too much about that. Unless it IS metal shavings. Use a small magnet to see if it's metal shavings. If, not, drive it! Holler back if you have any more questions.

Jasonray