97 4.6 HEAD GASKET REPLACEMENT

1997 Cadillac Deville

Looking at a " perfect car needs head gasket" for less than $1k. (97 Cadillac Sedan Deville 85000 miles) I do all my own work, but would like to know before I start what is the flat rate hours for this? I usually take about 3 times as long. Does it make sense to replace both head gaskets at the same time? Plus, any other things to look out for either before or after purchase? And third, is there a better choice for a new head gasket than the standard Fel-Pro?

Thanks,
R.
R. Fehr

Since I posted I contacted a GM tech and he sent me portions of service manual instructions. First step is to remove engine from car. This makes replacing both gaskets and using new head bolts easier. It also makes rethreading the cylinder head bolt holes easier to do right.
Any other feedback?
Thanks,
R.

R. Fehr
How do you know if your head gasket needs to be replaced?

Bglocc
Drop the craddle and the motor and trany come down as a unit, if you were overheating, the threads in the block need fixing, get the heli coils from the dealer. You will also need the drill bit for it, the bolts are the problem, not the gasket, this is caused by the overheating

Buzzsaw