OIL PAN REMOVAL

2001 Cadillac Deville

2001 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I am working on a friends car and have done just about everything I could to get the oil pan gasket off of the car. I took out the 13 10mm bolts but there is a 13mm bolt on the rear right corner of the oil pan which is impossible to get to because of the transmission.

All website I have been on talk about the 13 bolts I have already taken off but no mention of the 13mm bolt that is out of reach.

I hate to think that the trany has to come down for one bolt.

Any suggestions.
Rubenlopez0330

Any procedure that I am showing has the engine out already. I know by working at a dealer for 12 years there is no real way to get the pan out with the engine in the vehicle, without causing some possible form of damage.

Factoryjack
That is just the basic truth; either the engine or trans must be removed to complete the repair. We often just pull the whole thing with subframe as it is faster on a lift.
Also, if you are going after an oil leak, be aware this is a two piece design with an upper and lower crankcase. The upper portion actually makes up the crankshaft main bearing assembly and is very common for leaking oil.

Good Luck

Knowyourauto