OVERHEATING

2000 Cadillac Deville

Engine Cooling problem
2000 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 97200 miles

Synopsis: 2000 Devile (97000 miles) overheated for first time. Water pump replaced by dealer recommendation and vehicle overheated again <10 miles from dealership and is loosing coolant w/no visible signs of leaks. The Story below:

The Deville just overheated for the first time with an overheat/shut off acc msg. Next was the coolant hot idle engine msg. I had been noticing a sound of fluid moving around when I started the car or pull off from a light. The dealer service center told me the the water pump, cross-over member, quick connect, and flush was needed to fix the problem. The tech showed me coolant on a hose under the car which he said was coming from the water pump. The dealer replaced the water pump and assured me the leaking would stop. However, <10 miles after leaving the dealer the car overheated again with the same messages. I let the car cool and found a car washed and cleaned the engine, radiator, water pump area thoroughly after the pump had been replaced. In an attempt to see if the leak is visible after several days and >100 miles later, the areas which had been previously been washed are dry and show no sign of coolant. No white smoke is coming from the pipes nor any water as I can tell. I just bought this one owner car 7 months ago from a large dealership. Help is greatly appreciated!!!

A minister in the Sandhills of NC.

I saw a previous post on about sealing some headbolts. Does anyone have any recommendation on the following link? http://www.heal-a-seal.com/NorthStar.html
Mercybridge