1998 Cadillac Deville

Computer problem
1998 Cadillac Deville V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

Thanks for the answer of my first question- I will make a donation on payday-My instrument panel, (cluster)- is not working- Everything else is working- I checked the 10a fuse in the trunk(RLY IGN 1)- which controls cluster- and that is working- the far right fuse in the trunk that is designated cluster-is a 20a- that is in properly also.
So my avg/inst mileage is working- my ac digital is working- but the main screen- driver info center- is not displaying? Is there some type of cluster bulb or other area, (fuse box under hood- etc) that needs to be checked or replaced. Short?- All the other lights are working - less my DIC- any suggestions?

Driss RN Transplant Nurse

It is a vacuum flourescent type illumination. Since some info is displayed, and there is actual data(climate/trip computer) it indicates there is power and communications to the system. It sounds most likely to be a fault within the cluster. If you replace it, it will need programmed with the theft information(theft relearn), as that vehicle stores the theft password in the IPC.