PCM EXCHANGE

1996 Cadillac Deville

1996 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 11/006 miles

THE TRANSMISSION HAS BEEN CHANGED IN THIS CAR AND HAS THE WRONG GEAR RATIO. THE CARS PCM IS WANTING 3: 11 RATIO AND THE TRANSMISSION HAS 3: 71 RATIO. HAVE A 1997 PCM WITH THE THE NEEDED 3: 71 RATIO IN IT BUT GET A THEIF ALARM, CAR WILL NO START. QUESTION WOULD HAVING THE 1997 PCM FLASHED TO GET PAST THE THEIF ALARM WORK? THEY BOTH HAVE 4.6 NORTH STAR. THE 1997 IS OUT OF A SLS.
Chas murphy

Have you tried the relearn procedure. 1 fully charged battery.2 start car and leave car on, car starts then stalls and theft light flashes for ten minutes then goes out. 3 turn off the key then it should start.

Mastertechtim
THE CAR WILL NOT START. IT HAS AN ANTI-THIEF ALARM. BY RELEARN PROCEDURE DO YOU MEAN LEAVE KEY ON FOR THIRTY MINUTES IN THE ON POSITION?

Chas murphy
When you turn the key to run position does the theft light or the security light flash constantly? We are talking about a factory alarm and not a aftermarket alarm?

Mastertechtim
THE PUSH BRAKE TO SHIFT MESSAGE FOLLOWED BY THEIF ALARM CAR MAY NOT START THIS FACTORY MESSAGE BOARD AFTER WAITING IT WILL CARNK OVER BUT WILL NOT FIRE OR START.

Chas murphy
Ok im not 100 percent sure but I dont think it can be reprogrammed with a used pcm, I think your pcm will need replacement and then reprogramming. I will pass this post along to some other mods and see if they can give you a more definitive answer

Mastertechtim
The pcm for the 1996 will run the car but gives improper gear ratio. The pcm out of the 1997 sls will not allow me to get past the antitheif alarm. I did the 30 minute leaving the key on and the car would not start. A computor search gave me the compatabilty for my deville to the sls pcm that has the proper gear ratio in it. Just cant start the car

Chas murphy
Ok im on mitchell right now and it appears the 96 has pass lock 2 system which uses a pellet in the key, can you verify that your ignition key has a pellet in it or not?

Mastertechtim
If your refering to coded key yes it does.

Chas murphy
The coded key with the pellet in it does not go through the pcm, its a seperated system and does not need programming from pcm.

Mastertechtim
Guess I have to figure out what a pellet is?

Chas murphy