ENGINE PROBLEMS

1995 Cadillac Deville

1995 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 169, 00 miles

I'm just gonna say everything wrong with my DeVille.

When I start up my DeVille, sometimes it has trouble idling. The RPM's drop really low, and then the engine kicks it back up. It does this about every second. But after 15 seconds or so, the car idles fine. About 1 out of every 10 times the car stalls.

Also, when I start to accelerate from a dead stop, it jerks forward about 3-5 times.

Another thing, the car surges. Staying at a constant speed, the car will tug forward a little about every second. (This is very similiar to how it sounds while idling)

My car seems to have lost power while accelerating too. It accelerates a lot slower than it used to, but there is a surge of power every few seconds where the car accelerates much faster.

One more thing, premium unleaded gas is recommended for my Cadillac, but I've always used regular unleaded. I still have these problems when I use premium gas though.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?
GreenGuitar1

Go and have a top engine clean done, does the throttle seem sticky when cold? The plates need cleaned with carb cleaner and a tooth brush, this could be the cause of your idlein prob, if that doesnt do it replace both crank sensors, there under car behind the front motor mount

Buzzsaw