POWER DOOR LOCK ASSEMBLY

1987 Cadillac Deville

Interior problem
1987 Cadillac Deville V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I don't know if this is a problem with the door locks or with the door handle/latch.
The 2 front doors won't unlock. The power door lock switch moves the assembly and it sounds as if it is locking and unlocking yet when you pull the door release from the inside or push it from the outside it still acts like it is locked.
I find it odd that it happened to both doors at the same time.
Since we can't open the doors, that is making it rather hard to fully remove the door panel.
I checked the back doors and it seems that there are 3 rods in the mechanism, the one to the latch and 2 to the lock assembly. I only see 2 rods on the front, one to the latch and 1 to the lock assembly. Is there a third? I've tried to find pictures of how the assembly should appear but have had no luck.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Agt1965

It sounds like a problem with the latch, but like you say, why both at the same time. Does engaging the manual lock knob feel like it is doing something? There would almost have to be three rods, one for outside handle, one for inside handle, and one for lock. Possibly four on the drivers side to accomodate the lock cylinder.

Factoryjack