TRANSMITION PROBLEMS

Buick Riviera

I HAVE A 1994 BUICK FIFTH AVENUE AND RECENTLY I PULLED INTO MY DRIVEWAY AND THE NEXT TIME WHEN I WENT TO DRIVE THE CAR IT WOULD START BUT NOT MOVE, THE FRONT WHEELS WILL NOT TURN, IT IS FRONT WHEEL DRIVE, IT HAS A 3800 V6, EARLIER WE WERE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE KEY, HARD TO GET IT TO TURN INTO START OR ACC. POSITION. AND THE SHIFTER LEVER WAS HARD TO MVE INTO ANY POSITION. NOW WE HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IGNITION OR SHIFTER BUT FRONT WHEELS WILL NOT TURN AND YES WE HAVE TO DEPRESS THE BRAKE IN ORDER TO MOVE THE SHIFTER. HAVE CHECKED TRANNY FLIUD, FULL BUT DARK IN COLOR
YOU CAN FEEL THE TRANNY SHIFT WHEN PUTTING IT INTO FORWARD OR REVERSE. THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON SHORTLY AFTER STARTING THE ENGINE AND ALWAYS HAS SINCE I BOUGHT THE CAR. MILAGE IS 190,146 AND WAS VERY WELL MAINTAINED. ALL MAINTENANCE AND PARTS REPLACE WHERE DOCUMENTED PRIOR TO ME PURCHASING THE VEHICLE. BUT HOTHING CONCERNING THIS ISSUE. PLEASE HELP.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/80872_madgrizzlybear_1.jpg

REX HUTSELL