HORN MAKES DULL "THUMPING SOUND&

1998 Buick Riviera

1998 Buick Riviera 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 207, 60 miles

My horn started making this dull thumping sound when I pressed the steering wheel, or when the lock button or emergency buttons were pressed on the keychain module. Every once in a while when I pressed the wheel, it would work once, then go to thump when pressed again. Fuse looked ok, and I was told the module should be ok since the horn was at least " thumping". I replaced the horn with a used one. When I pressed the wheel it worked ok. Then I pressed the lock button and it sounded, but was delayed. I then pressed the emergency button and it honked 2 times, then went into " thump" mode! If it's an electrican problem I hope I didn't fry the horn just installed. Could the module cause this or is it something else? Help
CCroft