95 PROBLEM

1995 Buick Riviera

1995 Buick Riviera 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 284000 miles

My son was out with our 95 Riviera yesterday and when he got about 3 Blocks from home, the car shut off without warning. He tried to start it several times and it would not start. He then called me and I went to him and tried to start the car also, but it would not run. We then pushed the car into a parking lot and tried it again and it started, with sputtering and then cleared. I would guess from too much fuel from trying to start. The car ran fine for the rest of the day and now when trying to start this morning the car will not start again. The car when running fine in park idles about 1000 rpm. Since this problem when you rev the engine a bit the rpm's drop below to 600 rpm's and then come back to 1000 rpm's after a few seconds. We have about 3 or 4 months ago put in a new timing set and chain tensioner, cam and crank sensors. Any ideas what this may be? There is no service engine light that comes on.
Thanks,
Dennis
Cougar2