AIR FLOW METER???

2005 Buick Rendezvous

2005 Buick Rendezvous 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 64000 miles

This is a tough one to put on paper. When driving at speeds below 55, I get a noise that sounds like a combination between a rattle, a high wind noise and something trying to suck in air. At the same time, I can watch my tach jump up and down a couple of 1000 rpms in sync with the noise, It doesn't happen all the time, but does happen. My guess is a bad air flow meter (do they call them that on these vehicles?) Or a clog somewhere in the fuel system. I'm not getting any lights coming on and my $50 code reader doesn't show me anything. Also, it's blowing the lighter plug fuse at different times. I am pluging in a AC converter but I travel for work a lot and rent cars and always use it without an issue. I've only hade this vehicle for about a week.
Smatloff