TRANSMISSION SLIPPING AND SPEEDOMETER

2004 Buick Rendezvous

2004 Buick Rendezvous 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 87000 miles

My wife driving, all of a sudden she hears a noise. She
looks at the speedometer and it is bouncing from 0-60 or so and she noticed the engine reving but not
going any faster like the trans. Was slipping. Both things occured at the same time. She managed to drive it home about 10 miles and park it. The next day I got in it and put it into drive and it went forward. I then put it into reverse and it went backwards. I then backed it into the street, put it into drive and started to give it a test run. I didn't make it very far before it wouldn't go anywhere. I then called a friend who has a BMW business and had it towed to his place. His Tec. Flushed the transmissiom and changed the filter. He said the noise went away almost completly. He then drove it
on the hiway for almost 40 min. With no problems.
I have been reading about 2004 Buick Rondezvous
having a problem with speedometer sensors going
bad and causing what they call a " False Neatural"
in the trans. (Slipping or acting like the Trans. Is bad)
My question is: Is it the Trans. Gone bad all of a sudden or is it the Speedometer sensor making the
Trans. Act up?
Tkfortune

Chances are the vehicle speed sensor is bad. I would have that checked.