CHECK ENGINE SOON LIGHT

2004 Buick Rendezvous

2004 Buick Rendezvous 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

The check engine soon light is illuminated on the digital display not the actual check engine soon light. Also the high beam indicator in the dash cluster shows up randomly and flickers rapidly for a couple seconds then goes out. Just changed the gas cap and the battery to try and illinate any problems, but no luck. Any ideas?

I forgot to mention earlier that I did take it too advanced auto, and autozone as well. No codes were found. That is part of the delima. I also thought that maybe it could have been calling for an oil change. I called the dealer and got the code to turn on the ignition, but not actually start the car, just pump the gas pettle 3 times. So I did that several times and the service engine soon light blinked and would come back on. Is there anything else like the oil changing sensor that would give a service engine soon light. I checked all fluids and made sure they were full. Im clueless.
Brantwilhelm

If the check engine light is on and the high beam light flickers, it sounds like you may have a problem with the body control module (BCM). As far as the oil change light, the dealer correctly told you how to reset it so there is another problem. Plus, there are no other sensors for the oil change light to come on.