ABS SYSTEMS ACTIVE TRACTION LIGHT

2003 Buick Rendezvous

Brakes problem
2003 Buick Rendezvous 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

I have an strange sound on my brakes also I feel something diferent when I press the breake pedal. In addition I have the traction active sign on. I need to know what's is the problem and If I have to replace the ABS module
Lpantoja

You need to have the computer scanned to identify where the problem is coming from. The two systems work together.

Let me know what you find.

It is a warped disc rotor. Very common in this model

Short circut
Glad you got it fixed. However, I'm really surprised that a warped rotor would set the light.

Take care and let us know if you have questions in the future.

It does because it will at times cause the break to not fully release and you will get the left and right wheel running at different speeds. The traction control will not beable to correct for it and throws an error.

The strange feeling in the brake is a pulsation right?

Short circut
They must have really been warped. And yes, that is a brake pulsation you feel in the brake pedal. Another thing that confuses me is how could the wheel spin at a different speed than the other? Was it skidding?