ODOMETER ERROR

2002 Buick Rendezvous

2002 Buick Rendezvous 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 83839 miles

I just had my engine replaced and I now get an error message on my odometer. Do I have to go to the dealer to fix this?
Matti5475

What does the message say?
You can have it scanned

BMRFIXIT
Obd2 doesn't read bcm codes

Matti5475
Obd2 doesn't read bcm codes[/quote: de544d94c2]

You need a scanner to do that.

Under hood power box front right side
you should have a fuse for the BCM
remove it then install it
that should clear and reset the BCM

BMRFIXIT
I would suggest having it scanned with the proper scan tool before resetting the BCM. If you are having an intermittent fault, you will erase any stored data on the fault when you reset the BCM. If you find some codes, post them for me so I can try and help you out.

Dennyp
Thanks for all the help guys. I will see if I can find someone with a good scan tool. I will post codes if I find any. I am thinking that they may have reset it already. The guy who did the motor said he had dropped the cradle to do the engine on it, so I think he unhooked some of the wire harness. Thanks

Matti5475
Thanks for all the help guys. I will see if I can find someone with a good scan tool. I will post codes if I find any. I am thinking that they may have reset it already. The guy who did the motor said he had dropped the cradle to do the engine on it, so I think he unhooked some of the wire harness. Thanks[/quote: 3c780eece3]

///// I could not find any friends with a tech2 to scan this. So I went the other route I pulled the bcm fuse in the front power box and it did nothing. It still reads error in the odometer where the miles would be. I think at this point I will just have to go and dump some more money into this gm gem. Thanks

Matti5475
Thanks for all the help guys. I will see if I can find someone with a good scan tool. I will post codes if I find any. I am thinking that they may have reset it already. The guy who did the motor said he had dropped the cradle to do the engine on it, so I think he unhooked some of the wire harness. Thanks[/quote: 965845b5f4]

///// I could not find any friends with a tech2 to scan this. So I went the other route I pulled the bcm fuse in the front power box and it did nothing. It still reads error in the odometer where the miles would be. I think at this point I will just have to go and dump some more money into this gm gem. Thanks[/quote: 965845b5f4]

was the BCM replaced,
snap on scanner or similar will do just fine

to get the codes

BMRFIXIT
Thanks for all the help guys. I will see if I can find someone with a good scan tool. I will post codes if I find any. I am thinking that they may have reset it already. The guy who did the motor said he had dropped the cradle to do the engine on it, so I think he unhooked some of the wire harness. Thanks[/quote: f2fffae9a2]

///// I could not find any friends with a tech2 to scan this. So I went the other route I pulled the bcm fuse in the front power box and it did nothing. It still reads error in the odometer where the miles would be. I think at this point I will just have to go and dump some more money into this gm gem. Thanks[/quote: f2fffae9a2]

was the BCM replaced,

to get the codes[/quote: f2fffae9a2]

bcm was not replaced, a friend of mine that works at a local garage said his snap on scanner wouldn't be able to read an error code from the odometer. I have a obd2 scanner and it won't pick up any codes. My wife works with someone who had the engine on their vous changed who had the same problem. She paid the money to have it fixed.

Matti5475
We have a snap on and it work just find
I use it more then any other scanner

but you may have to visit the dealer for a reprogram

BMRFIXIT
Yeah they didn't want to really help me. It real busy at the shop he works at, so I don t think he could take the time. Your not in ny are you

Matti5475