BLOWER MOTOR ACCESS

Buick Regal

Can you tell me how to access the blower motor on a 1995 Buick Regal? 3.1 liter motor, 100,000 miles.
Dgray65

Its located under the right side of the dash, remove the lower panels below the glove box and you should see it, dont break the blower motor resistor,

good luck

CHEVYII
Before you remove the blower motor, make sure that the motor is the problem.
There is often another fuse and relay for the blower motor.

Does the motor work at all?
What are the symptoms that made you want to replace the motor?

Bhugg
Yes the motor does work. The problem is a whining noise that comes from it when the a/c, defroster, heater or vent is turned on. Not sure if there is a bearing going bad or if something has fallen in behind the dash and is touching the blades. The faster the blades turn the louder the noise is.

Dgray65
Then it sounds like you are looking up the right tree.

Good luck.

Bhugg
Well its one of the two, sometimes thing do fall in the housing, I would reccomend pulling it and checking, this way you will find whats wrong

thanks
jim

CHEVYII
I can't really see any panels behind the glove box. Does the glove box need to be removed and if so what's the best way to remove the glove box? Thanks.

Dgray65
I had the same problem with my 1996 Regal. I simply took out my glove box. Just remove the metric screws mounting it. There are 2-3 below it and a couple inside. Remove the bulb inside first. In my case, some paper had fallen out of the glove box into the blower housing. Drove me crazy for 3 weeks. Took all of 10 minutes to pull the box, pull out the paper and fix it.

Good Luck!

Dragonrider99
Thanks for the info. I will try that.

Dgray65