BUICK PARK AVENUE FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM

1999 Buick Park Avenue

1999 Buick Park Avenue 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Our '99 Buick Park Avenue (155k miles) cut off last night and won't restart. It has a faulty gas gauge, so we added 4 gallons of gas just in case. It still won't restart, but the engine turns over. We couldn't hear the fuel pump when the ignition key was turned on. We're having the car towed home in a few minutes. Do you have any suggestions about what to check?
MRDJ1943

First of all thank you so much for your donation.I would check what the fuel pressure is you can rent a fuel pressure gauge at auto zone.I would also check for spark and see if you can rent a scan tool to check for code's let me know what you find.

I don't have a fuel pressure gauge, but there seems to be some pressure at the fuel rail. I checked for codes with a scanner and found none. The fuel pump doesn't seem to make any noise when the ignition is turned on.

MRDJ1943
Can you rent a fuel pressure gauge from auto zone or some where that rent's them?You could have fuel at the rail like your saying but it might only be 5psi which won't start the car. We need to see what we have and don't have so we can figure out why your car doesn't run. Also did you check for spark like I asked?If so do you have spark?