ENGINE REVS TO 3000 RPM WHEN SHIFTIN

1993 Buick Park Avenue

1993 Buick Park Avenue 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 114000 miles

93 Buick Park Avenue/Engine revs when shifting to park/High idle rpm. What is wrong and can I keep driving it?
Ok just bought this 93 Park Avenue. And there is definiltly something wrong with it. Here's the syptoms:

1. When shifting into drive, from park, the engine quickly revs up to 2k rpm, then goes back to Idle 2 seconds later.

2. The car idles high, at about 1200-1500 rpm at all times.

3. When drive, if I'm not touching the gas at all the car has a really fast " crawl speed". I cruise down the road at 25-30 mph without even touching the gas. Also, if I build up speed, like say to 60 mph and let off the gas it stays at that speed, as if there is cruise control on.

4. Whenever I shift from drive to park or neautral, the car revs up to 3000 rpm on it's own and STAYS at 3000 rpm until I turn the car off or shift back to drive.

Any help/comments/advice is appreciated. I just want to know what's wrong, and if it's ok to keep driving the car, or will this get worse and possibly cause more damage to it.
Portalkd