ENGINE LIGHT, CODE PO742

1974 Buick Other

I have a 1996 Buick Skylark (mileage 95626).
I took my car to the car care center because the " check engine: light came on and also because the car was vibrating a little bit kind of like if it was going to die, the vibration was similar to when you are driving over gravel, something like that and it went on and off. What can it be? Also the car care center said that it was something wrong with the transmission (code PO742) and that they couldnt fix it, it had to be fixed by the buick dealer. Also found out here on your web page that [u: cc3eccd9d4]the code means[/u: cc3eccd9d4]: Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Stuck On.

Is it hard to fix? Expensive? Can I still drive the car for at least one more week until I get a rental car so I can get this one fixed?
Jewels