SKYLARK

1997 Buick Other

Hi,

I bought a 97 Buick Skylark with a 3.1L engine this past summer 2005 and haven't had it tuned or anything major done to it. It only has 35,000 miles on it.

Lately, when I start the car in cold weather, it has a loud clicking sound similar to the noise the lifters make when the engine is started cold but louder and sounds like it's coming from the front or bottom of the engine. This clicking will continue for about 5-10 minutes or until the engine is warm and the indicator is in the middle between Cold and Hot. The car is extremely sluggish during this time with no power. If I try to drive, it can hesitate on acceleration or almost stall on accleration. Once the engine heats up and the clicking noise is gone, the car works great, has lots of power and no further problems. There is no check engine light on and the engine temperature indicator never fluctuates.

Any suggestions?

Neil
Sevn_music@yahoo.com