TRANSMISSION INTERMITTENT SHIFT PROBLEM

2002 Buick Lesabre

2002 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

maybe 1 or 2 times a month transmission will shift hard. If you stop turn of engine for 5-10 min. And restart problem goes away. Can dive for weeks before problem restarts. Seem to happen in cold weather below say 40 degrees

been driving most of this suumer wilthout a probem

no engine light comes on and there is no code readout

Thanks for your help
Don K
Donkvas

I have the same motor and HAD the same problem. After months of trying to figure it out I disconnected the battery cables for 12 hours this re-set the shifting sequence. I haven't had any problems since.

Gpayne
Hi, it did not come up with a code p1870. These transmissions are known for code p1870 long shift adapts. This is caused by computer reconizing wear in trans mission cuasing clutch pack clearance to be to great so computer tries to make up for it by boosting pressures up and thus causing harsh shifts. Have it rechecked for codes next time check engine light comes on for p1870.

Transman1