CHECK CHARGING SYSTEM MESSAGE ON DASH. A

2001 Buick Lesabre

2001 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 33000 miles

I had my car's engine cleaned. On my way home the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree (Brake, ABS, Air Bag, Battery) and I got a problem message which said: " Check charging system" this switched with another message which said " EXP 102".
I took it to the garage and the mechanic worked diagnosed it for about 1hr and a half. He figures it could be the alternator, but that it may have been affected by water during the engine cleaning and that MAYBE it will go away after a few days. The alternator will be replaced if the problem persists next week. In the meantime, asside from the dashboard driving me nuts, the car runs perfectly. Any thoughts?
Toolkit

Hi there,

It dose sound like a wet electrical problem, I would also just be checking the alternator charge rate, and all the earth & battery connections are clean & tight, start here, and if it persist re post for more assistance.

Mhpautos