REAR INTEGRATION MODULE

2000 Buick Lesabre

2000 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 106000 miles

I have a 10 amp fuse for the interior lighting that blows, and it has 12vdc across the two pins all the time, others do not. After chcking all the lights I saw on the electrical drawing that the circuit connects at the rear integration module. I unplugged the module and the voltage at the fuse pins went to 0. I had a short in the wiring on that module before which affected other lighting and switches. Is there a way to troubleshoot this module or the short/ground problem? If not do I need a " certified" buick dealer to replace it? (Assuming that the problem is the rim) it looks simple enough to replace but I cannot find it to buy on libe. Do I need to buy this from a GM dealer, if it is the problem?
Ahshumaker

Having voltage across the pins is normal, it is the amperage that is blowing the fuse. You have a short to ground in the wiring that is causing the fuse to blow. First step in locating, is to identify any aftermarket equipment like stereos, DVD, or sunroof. Another possibility for a location is perhaps near a sunshade where it mounts to the roof. If they are vanity visors with lights, even more of a possibility. Often times a short to ground is created, and not necessarily manufactured in.

Factoryjack