LASABRE OIL LEAK

2000 Buick Lesabre

Is there a way to tighten the plate that is the part of the engine block where the oil pan meets the block? It appears to have (4) pieces to form the block where the oil pan meets and the end plate that is where the transmission meets the engine. This plate has a gap of about 1/16" and the other plate at the end near the other end of the oil pan is tight without any gap and doesn't leak at that end. The oil pan usually fit on the block and the block was a continuing solid serface not pieces fitted together to form the base of an engine block. It seem as if it was designed to leak if any one of the areas get loose as this one has done. I hay have to order a shop manual to see how the engine was put together because the books that are in the Auto part stores gives little in that area.
DEHALL762@VERIZON.NET

Jack42
I checled 2carpro remark but I don't know what it is that it signified. I have checked the manuels but I can't find anything that shows me how or what is an the end of the 2000 Buick LaSabre where the rear main seal and transmission is and how it is secured because where the oil pan gasket makes contact with the engine block there is a gap and I can't see how to tighten what ever is there. I think my question is, where can I find anything that will show me the parts that is attached to the engine block at both ends from the under side of the engine? Dol you think that a shop manual could provide that information?