MY WILL NOT START

1998 Buick Lesabre

1998 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 88000 miles

My Buick ran great in the morning and the afternoon but when I did get out of work at the car will not start. The battery is new and when I turn the key everything lights up on the dash as usual. But nothing. Dead the the starter dose not make a sound. I have tried shifting the transmission through all the gears and back to park thinking the sensor on the transmission might be misaligned. Nothing. I have disconnected and reconnected the battery to reset the computer nothing. The security light dose flash when the key is in the start mode. I do not have a remote for my car so all the locking and unlocking is done with the key. The door was open when I was listing to the radio in the afternoon and The key was in the position just before start. I think the door might have been locked by the power lock on the door. What is wrong with my Buick? Is it the securtiy system or the key, or?
Eagjrlkm