FRONT END SHAKES SEVERELY

1997 Buick Lesabre

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1997 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles

My question is that when I run this car down the road at the speed limit I have some shaking going on like it needs a front end alignment, which I dont doubt it does but I believe my problem is more in depth. When I have to come to a stop or even slow down from a speed of 55 or 60, the fron end shakes so severely that it feels like the front end is going to shake right off the car, it's that bad. I have in the past installed new rotors and brakes but not calipers and that somewhat helped a little bit but its back to what I am describing. Personally I think its the cv joint and axle. How do I check to see if it is the cv joint without cutting the boot? I'm not really sure but I really think that its the cv joint but need another opinion of what it can be and also to see if what I think could be the problem. Along with the cv joint, what other parts on the front end would make a car shake that bad? I have also put tie rods in but like I said, im back to the cv joint. Lol please respond asap
IntimidatorJD3