LASABRE ENGINE LIGHT STAYS ON

1995 Buick Lesabre

1995 Buick LaSabre with approx. 60,000 miles. I believe it has GM OBD 1.5 since it has the 16 pin connector.

I am receiving engine codes P0321, P0341, and P0361 when an Actron 9140 scanner is connected.

The scanner print out lists the following for the scan codes:

P0321 - Ign system problem 18X interrupts lost signal.

P0341 - Ign system problem Camshaft sensor intermittent signal

P0361 - Ign system problem Electronic spark timing EST not toggling.

I have replaced the camshaft sensor, O2 sensor, and the throttle position sensor and the light is still on.

Any idea what is causing this? :
Gearcut

Testing isn't my strength, but I have run into situations where the camshaft and crankshaft sensors required replacement. I wouldn't just go replacing it, based on my thought, but someone else will probably step in here to help.

Sounds to me like you might have forgotton to clear the codes. Use the reader and re scan the trouble codes then clear them. Also you might want to disconnect the negitive cable from your battery for a few seconds to clear them. Hope this helps! : D

JSczynski
I had the same issue and found that the wiring harness had some bad or freyed wires in it, so those sensors that should be reporting are reporting wrong. After I repaired the wires it fixed the problem. It is a lengthy job but worth it.

Tccc143