POWER STEERING LEAK

2000 Buick Century

2000 Buick Century 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80,000 miles

I noticed I had a leak in my power steering someplace, my fluid was low alot, I took it to a garage. The mech. Said I needed a new axle, didn't see a leak but told me that it had something to do with it. A few days later my steering wheel was tight and fluid real low. I took it back and he said there was a hole in the boot to the rack and pinion, which the part would be $300 plus labor. I looked up the price of the boot and was only $30 or so. Now I tell the mech. About this and he said it was the transaxle that needed replaceing. Do all these parts have anything to do with the power steering leak, or am I getting taken because I'm a woman?
Val711

Find yourself a new mechanic. While CV axle is a part of your steering, it does not cause your PS fluid to go low. While it may have been possible that the CV axle needs replacing, but replacing it because of PS leak is a total BS. Same goes with all of parts suggested for replacement.

Zackman