REAR BRAKE SHOE REPLACEMENT

1996 Buick Century

Brakes problem
1996 Buick Century 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

I replaced the rear brake shoe on the left side. Upon completion I took it for a spin and noticed a slight grinding or rubbing. I'm thinking it needs adjustment. How do I adjust the brakes or are they self adjusting?
Daddybag

They are self-adjusting but often benefit from a manual adjustment. Some cars, but not this one, have an opening in the back of the backing plate that allow adjustment. Without one, you just have to pull the drum off, adjust, and check for tolerance. If you can't get the drum back on, the shoes are too tight. Once you can, push the drum firmly against the hub and turn it back and forth. It's OK if you hear a slight scraping noise as long as you don't feel any friction or resistance. For it to be loud enough to hear while driving, it's probably too tight, or something else with the hardware is out of whack.

Jalopypapa