HOOD RELEASE CABLE BROKEN

1995 Buick Century

Interior problem
1995 Buick Century 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

The hood release cable on my '95 Buick Century broke on the inside. When I pull on the hood release, it is completely slack.

I have opened the grill to see if I can locate the primary hood release and release it manually, but I can only locate the secondary release.

Do you know where I could find a diagram or a detailed description of what it look likes and what to do once I find it to get my hood open?

Thanks.
Cjerrett

I cant seem to find a good pic of it for you, sorry. The primary release is on the back of the latch assembly. Follow where the cable housing attaches to the lever that releases it. Once the hood is open you will need to replace the cable, so you may want to go get one before you open the hood if that is the car you will have to drive to get parts.

Jack42
I cant seem to find a good pic of it for you, sorry. The primary release is on the back of the latch assembly. Follow where the cable housing attaches to the lever that releases it. Once the hood is open you will need to replace the cable, so you may want to go get one before you open the hood if that is the car you will have to drive to get parts. Try looking up from the bottom or using a mirror to see the back of the latch

Jack42
The cable is detached from where it connects to the hood release. I can't follow it back.

Do I use a coat hanger? A screw driver? What direction do I pull or push?

Cjerrett
Im not sure if a coat hanger would be strong enough to pull on it without straightening out. If you can see it, pushing with screwdriver from pass side to drivers side should release it. The cable pulls and comes in from the drivers side, so if going in from the Drivers side you will need to pull

Jack42