BRAKE WARNIG LIGHT (NOT ABS LIGHT)

2005 Ford F-150 • 5.4L V8 2WD Automatic • 231,000 miles

BRAKE WARNING LIGHT ON. INSPECTED FRONT AND REAR, REPLACED PADS, AND ROTORS FRONT AND REAR. FLUSHED SYSTEM. BRAKES ARE WORKING PROPERLY BUT WARNING LIGHT IS STILL ON. HAVE UNPLUGGED PARKING BRAKE SWITCH, MASTER CYLINDER, AND ABS MODULE, WARNING LIGHT STAYS ON. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS
JIMMY
JHPIERCE

Is this the light for the parking brake or ABS?

THE ABS LIGHT IS NOT ON. I AM REFERRING TO THE BRAKE WARNING LIGHT THAT COMES ON WHEN PARKING BRAKE IS SET OR WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE HYDRAULIC PART OF THE SYSTEM.

JIMMY

JHPIERCE
Since you unplugged everything and the light remains on, there has to be a short to power. Have you checked any of the wiring for damage?

I HAVE VISUALLY INSPECTED WIRING CLOSE TO WHERE THEY PLUG IN BUT HAVE NOT DONE A COMPLETE INSPECTION OF WIRING INVOLVED. I DO NOT HAVE A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THIS TRUCK. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTION WHERE TO LOOK FOR TROUBLE?

JHPIERCE
Start at the fuse box. Make sure nothing is crossing. I don't have access to my schematics right now, but I will later tonight. Let me know if you want me to try to send copies. Please be aware that often times (for some reason) they won't send, but I will try my best.

I WOULD APPRECIATE COPIES IF POSSIBLE.

THANKS
JIMMY

JHPIERCE
It won't let me copy. Listen, I have been looking through the manual to try and figure out what could be causing the issue. Are you aware that by disconnecting the brake fluid level switch, the light will stay on?

Here is a test for the level switch. Disconnect the plug at the level switch. Place a 5 amp fused jumper wire between pin 2 and 3. See pic.

Let me know if the light goes out.

LIGHT HAS GONE OFF. MUST BE LOOSE CONNECTION OR FLUID LEVEL MALFUNCTION. THANK YOU FOR THE INFO FOR TESTING THE SWITCH.

THANKS

JIMMY

JHPIERCE
Glad to hear it.