BRAKE PROBLEM--POSSIBLE MC OR FRONT LEFT CALIPER??!?!

2002 Ford Taurus • 3.4L 4 cylinder Automatic • 195,555 miles

I replaced my right front caliper a couple weeks ago along with the brake pads for both front wheels. I've bled my brakes and the brake pedal is still spongy but as of late. I can only drive the car for about 3 days and then the brakes (I barely have) to stop completely fail where I have to use the emergency brake.
The right caliper/brake system now works but the left caliper doesn't work anymore. I noticed that I have a leak (not sure where) but it's in the front of the car more so by the actual wheel than the driver door and not in the rear. I haven't seen any brake fluid on my actual left driver's wheel or on the brake assembly/caliper/pads. I thought it might be the caliper but now I'm worried it's the master cylinder or possibly the booster? I need help. I'm not sure where to start or how to go about this.
I have bled the brakes twice since my initial replacement of the brake pads and right caliper, finding that there was a ton of air in the left front caliper. They seem to work okay but eventually they fail after driving. Meh.300 miles? The brake fluid in the MC isn't low either.I am finding that I need to bleed the brakes (2 person pedal brake bleed without ABS scan tool) works for me to get the things I need and then they fail again.
What could this be? Oh and yes. It's an ABS system. Which makes me hesitate since I'm doing this on my own (with assistant of course)
LizzyJack83

So after bleeding the the brakes does left front caliper work then?Also when bleeding the left front caliper do you get good pressure at the caliper bleed nipple?

No the caliper is not working on the left side.

Yes good pressure is coming from the left side bleeder screw.

Would that be the caliper?

I just don't understand why the brake fluid and the pressure is gone so "quickly" (if you will). Is air building up while I use the brakes into the left caliper brake line and essentially making my brakes fail?

LizzyJack83
If your getting good pressure to the bleeder screw with no air and the caliper isnt moving?Then I would say bad caliper but without checking the actual pressure with a gauge its hard to say for sure. If the caliper was leaking internally it could cause the pedal to be low. Also the rubber hose going to calipers colapse internally sometimes causing issues.I would be concerned with where that fluid is leaking that needs to be addressed as well.

With this system and having the ABS system do I need to bleed a certain way--I've asked around and have been told two different ways where I need an ABS scan tool and where I don't---I'd obviously prefer not to have to do the ABS scan tool method, but if it has to be done then I need to do it correctly.

Any suggestions? As I mentioned I'm doing the two man brake pedal bleed etc.

I just want to cover my bases before starting this project. I will before doing anything find the leak.

LizzyJack83
I dont see any special procedure for abs except you do the rr lr rf and lf order of bleeding the brake screws.I have a nice bleeder that uses compressed air and it becomes a one man operation.I t works great better then by hand?

I got it on ebay for like 27 if your intrested?