CHANGE DEAD BATTERY

2003 BMW Z4

2003 BMW Z4 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 59834 miles

After replacing subject battery, now the top will not go down. The dash lights just flash, but the top won't move. Does the computer have to be reset to the new battery?
Ddshoe

I don't suppose you've read the owners manual. The top may require initialization.

Dr. Hagerty
I am still awaiting a response on my question, but was curious if you ever got resolution to this problem. My issue is similar. Once the battery was changed my top would not work and several functions in the instrument panel dont work or work incorrectly.

Sweetc
Unfortunately, you all might have to go the dealer to get these issues resolved, the E-87 had some software issues and there isn't much to be done without access to the proprietary dealer equipment(and properly trained staff) to address these issues. Most independents dont have the deep pockets and BMW makes it very difficult to obtain information to perform these repairs.

Dr. Hagerty