5 SERIES FRONT FENDER DISLODGED

BMW Other

I recently damaged my 5 series front fender while pulling out of a parking space. When I parked the car, I didn't notice that my front fender bottom caught on the pavement because I parked it too far in. When I pulled it out of the parking space, the front fender caught and then whiplashed back into place as I reversed the car out. I noticed the fender was dislodged slightly so I took it to the local body shop. The guy told me that I damaged the clips and needed to replace them, a $40 cost. I gave the car in and after a few days the body shop mechanic told me that the A/C electrical wires and headlight wires got pulled and damaged when the fender got pulled. Now the cost shot up to $200. I want to confirm from the experts at 2carpros if the A/C wires can get pulled due to such a situation. I always thought that the A/C mechanics/wiring resided more within the engine compartment and not so much in front as the front fender. Your advice will be much appreciated.
Akayshap

The only wires for climate control in the front bumper are for the outside temperature sensor and yes they can be damaged by the events you described.

Dr. Hagerty