VENT TUBES

1990 BMW 750Li

1990 BMW 750Li V12 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

The dealer said I need my vent tube replaced in both banks of the engine because they are clogged. They said this allows the oil to flow from the bottom of the engine to the top and prevents pressure build up in the crankcase. I have no idea what a vent tube looks like or where it's exactly located in the engine. Can you please explain to me where the vent tubes look like and where they are located?
Lcomer72

The vent tube is #4

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/307270_V12_1.jpg

Dr Loot
Thanks for the info on what a vent tube is. I guess my question is where is it located exactly? Is it inside the long portion of the intake and if I replace it will I need gaskets and hoses?

Lcomer72
If you going to performed operation you will need a manual

Dr Loot
I looked for a manual but I can't seem to find one. Do you know where I can find one for my car

Lcomer72
You can check on eBay for a used one or you can contact your local European parts store for one, if you still cannot find one let me know I'll tell you where to get one.

Dr Loot
Robert Bentley publications through Amazon. Com has an excellent manual.

Dr. Hagerty