AUTO LEVELING SHOCK

1990 BMW 750Li

Suspension problem
1990 BMW 750Li V12 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

My passenger rear shock is leaking and I was wondering if it could be repaired or do I need to replace it? If it needs to be replace, do you know of a place where I can find a good used or rebuilt auto leveling shock? Would I need instructions to install this parts or is it as easy as installing a normal shock?
Lcomer72

The shock will need replaced with either a new or used unit. You should check websites such as ebay. Com, used-car-parts. Com and craigslist. Com out for used parts. If you would like replacement steps just let me know, it is a bit different than a regular shock.

This is a very common problem, I doubt you will be able to find used ones because they will be bad also, new ones will cost a fortune, what I usually do is replace them with 735IL BMW coil overs available very cheap at the junkyard and plug off the hydraulic line to the shock.

Dr Loot