STARTING PROBLEMS

2004 BMW 745

2004 BMW 745 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

It is taking 3-times pusing the Starter button at roughly 5-6 second intervals on the Starter each time, to start my car. Could this be some kind of full pick-up or fuel pump relay switch problem? Where would you start in your investigation?

Also, I get a squeak that comes from the belt or one of the pulleys when the car is good and warm and the RPM's are below 1000, like sitting at a stop light. Would changing the belt help, or would the problem more than likely be coming from one of the pulleys? It doesn't matter if the A/C is on or not, the squeak is the same, so I don't think it's the A/C pump going out.
Tklinger

You are correct about the noise, it is the pulley, its tensioner, or a combination of the two. As to the start issue, when was the last time the car was at the repair facility? The software level may need updating.

Dr. Hagerty