WHITE SMOKE AT START-UP

2001 BMW 745

2001 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 95000 miles

I just paid my BMW dealer 700 dollars to repair my car. One of the problems I told him was that I observe white smoke when I start-up my car. Sometimes its a lot of smoke and sometimes its just enough to notice. It's still smoking. What could cause this smoke problem.
Ljen502

Hi there,

White smoke can indicate coolant in the combustion chamber, I would go back to the repairer and get this re checked, have a head check done this will check for exhaust gasses in the cooling system, a sure sign that there is a problem, can you tell us what was repaired for all that money? Did they advise you on what was done?

Mhpautos
As usual, I'm with Mark on this one, go back and have them prove to your satisfaction what is going on here. And by the way, what did they do for the $ they cost you, and what was the dealerships name? This issue could be a PCV valve starting to fail as the M-62 motor is extremely robust and seldom do they have coolant in the combustion chambers.

Dr. Hagerty