RT REAR WINDOW REGULATOR.

2001 BMW 740

2001 BMW 740 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

HELLO,
I HAVE 2001 740iL SERIES, WANT TO REPLACE RT REAR WINDOW MOTOR AND REGULATOR, PLEASE HELP ME HOW SHOULD I REPLACE IT, WHAT KIND OF TOOLS I NEED, IS IT EASY TO REPLACE IT? IS THERE ANY RIVETS THAT NEEDS TO BE DRILLED OUT? AND HOW SHOULD U PULL DOOR PANEL? IS THERE ANY HIDDEN SCREWS?
THANKS
Zbabar

Is there a quarter glass and side window shade? Do you have any car repairing skills and do you have the tools? It will not require special tools, just a metric socket set, 1/4" drive, screwdrivers, plastic prying tools, Torx drivers, time and patience. And the replacement window regulator, the motor may be still okay to use.

Dr. Hagerty
Yes there is a sliding window shade and quarter glass this 740iL has it, I am also ASE certified and worked mostly on Japnese cars, like Lexus, toyota and honda, I never worked on BMWand MBenze cars.

Zbabar
Great, you can fix this no sweat. Do you have the regulator yet? I will repost the instructions after we (Me and the Wife) get back tonite from Xmas celebrations.

Dr. Hagerty
Thanks,
I did not have Regulator yet.
Please instruct me through the process, just pin point.
Thanks,
looking forward your response.

Zbabar
I will be back with your answer tonite, sorry about the delay.

Dr. Hagerty
That is okey, take your time.
Thanks again

Zbabar