BROKEN WINDOW

1999 BMW 740

1999 BMW 740 V8 70000 miles

I have a 99 bmw 740il one of my back windows is not working and open. Is there a simple way I can get this window to lock in the up position untill I can get it repaired?
Tuse

Can you reach in and get a hold of the glass? If not then you will need to remove the door panel to move the glass and " jam" it into the closed position.

Dr. Hagerty
Yes, the window is about half up, but it wont budge up or down by force. Are there some screws or somthing iside the door that I can use to loosen and tighten the grip?

Tuse
This is not something I feel comfortable with. Allowing unqualified personnel to perform repairs is problematic at best. Now, having said that, The removal will require several tools, T-27 or T-30 TORX driver, Phillips screw driver, 1/4" drive metric socket set, Plastic wedge tool kit, and so on, needless to say, a well stocked tool box. The removal sequence is determined by the level of equipment such as, rear side shades, quarter glass shades, assuming this is so, removal of the 1/4 glass shade is first, this will require a pick tool at the top of the plastic finisher, there is access to the clip that retains it, followed by the screw that this shade is concealing, remove the screw in the door pull behind the finisher, remove the widow switch to access the screw it is concealing, unclip the door panel all around with a plastic wedge tool and be careful removing the vapor barrier, it will need to be intact for reassembly. As you might be able to tell, not an easy task, and one best left to a specialist. Can you tape a cover over it for now?

Dr. Hagerty