1994 BMW 733i

1994 BMW 733i V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

My car is a 730i. Just bought this car, and the battery went dead and would not charge.
Have changed this for another battery, and all was well, however there was a problem with the boot latch not releasing from the button on the key fob or the button by the steering wheel.
When I investigated further, the connectors inside the boot lid had been disconnected. I reconnected these and the boot now released with both the keyfob and the internal button. However the boot would also release when the normal central locking button is pressed.
I turned the key in the boot clockwise, and at this point the alarm activated, and would not stop - it has been going now for almost 5 hours even though I have disconnected the car battery.
The siren is getting quieter now, so I shall let it run completely flat, and will reconnect the car battery tomorrow.
Is there an alarm reset procedure for this car, should it all go wrong tomorrow.
I would be grateful for any advice.
Many thanks
Phil Boorman