ROUGH NOISE WHEN STARTING THE CAR NOT ALL THE

1999 BMW 540i

1999 BMW 540i V8 Two Wheel Drive 112000 miles

Hey, I have a 1999 540i M sport sometimes when I'm starting it I got that loud rough sound like an engine problem for a split second. What can that be? Or I have anyone ever mention that king of noise on this type of model.
thanks
Don
Don-one

Yes, I have had the same issue. 11121706921 Take this part number and go to Realoem. Com It a non-return valve that lets the Vanos leak down and the noise is the lack of oil for the moment b4 the pressure hits. The valve is right under the solenoid for the Vanos, unscrew it, insert a special tool, which just a long 10mm x 1.0 bolt, and the o-ring holding it and the valve come out. BMW warranty paid me 6 hours for a 35 minute job, boy I miss the dealer. Lol

Dr. Hagerty
I had what sounds like this same problem on a 2003, 540i M Sport. I had that part replaced (both valves), but it is still doing it. I also have more white smoke than normal coming out of my exhaust. I had my mechanic replace the parts. I guess I need to take it back. Any thoughts? I would say it is all related since the white smoke normally means oil?

TT1985