CAR WONT TURN OVER

1985 BMW 535i

1985 BMW 535i 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

I was driving yesterday and all of the sudden the car stalled. It was similar to running out of gas. I could not restart it. I was told it was a fuel pump issue or maybe a starter. Spark Plugs maybe? I dont know. Can someone please help me?
Theman0138

Pick your symptom: Get back with some feedback.

**Cranks but no start condition: Fuel and Spark: Get a helper disconnect a spark plug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coils resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

**No crank at all/nothing/nada: Could be the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch and ignition switch assuming the battery and connections are good.