HORN BY THE BATTERY

1988 BMW 535

1988 BMW 535 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 236*** miles

I have a horn behind my battery (in yellow circle in the picture) when you press the horn on the steering wheel it does not go off and i didnt want to go ripping things apart to figure out where it was hooked up to..Is it for an alarm i didnt know i had?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/108583_HPIM1232_1.jpg

Gisloc

The On Board Computer has an alarm feature and is connected to the horn that sits behind the battery.

Dr. Hagerty
So do I need to by a remote for it to work or is it not that kind of alarm. If not when would that horn ever go off

Gisloc
Its not that kind of alarm. Unless you set it through the OBC, it wont go off and of all the E-28s I have had, I never used it. If you think about it, when was the last time you actually paid attention to an alarm in someones car.

Dr. Hagerty
When does the horn alarm sound (for the obc)? Just curious. I know you can set a maximum speed with the obc, but the obc also has a gong under the dash.

Brianarcudi