FUSES DESCRIPTION MAP AND LOCATION

2004 BMW 530i

2004 BMW 530i 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 61327 miles

I had a problem with the car stereo/. The radio and message center doesn't turned on. Before I start doing some electrical test I would like to know were ithe Radio or information center Fuse is locatd (" position" ), because the car doesn't have the fuses map or position information.

Microcast1@yahoo.com

I'm having the same problem with the radio/message center in my 2004 530i. Were you able to find the fuse location? What did you do to fix the problem?

Stewartca1
Hi
Yes I solved the problem. The problem was a white box located in the trunk called MicroPower Module. The fuse map is also located in the trunk near the tool Box, marked with a + sign.
To get on to the Micro Power Module, you have to take out the spare tire; also lift out the black foam part that is on the bottom of the spare tire area. There are 2 white boxes, is the further one. You will notice because the cables are corroded do to oxidation. It looks like water or humidity gets trap there and cause the problem. You have to replace the Micro Power Module and some pins and cables. BMW sell all the parts $185.00 aprox. It looks that BMW knows about the problem, but won't do a recall. Is not that bad to DIY.
Also there are 2 fuses that have to be replace I don't recall the number but one is 7.5 amp and the other is a 10 amps (I am not sure but Check #10 & #47 verify the map in the trunk it will lead you to the blown fuses).
To get to the fuses box, unscrew 2 Black plastic screws and pull the Right black trunk cover were the battery is located. The fuses are located right there in top of battery.
Don't hesitate to email if further assistance is needed.

Julio Aviles