VIBRATION ON STEERING WHEEL

2004 BMW 530

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2004 BMW 530 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

After having a new front suspension arm installed on my Bimmer [it might have nothing to do with this problem], the car is running hard, whether idling or driving. T he dealer says since there is no engine light on, nothing can be wrong with the engine but I know my car and something is wrong. Help, what could it be?
Winger15

There are tune components that will not set a fault light, and other faults can be set with out setting the light. Get the tune checked, inc all filters and have a code read done just to be sure.

Mhpautos
I agree with Mark. The dealer can be and often is, insensitive to what a customer perceives as an issue with a car that they(the dealership) might see on a daily basis. This in no way diminishes the possibility of an issue actually being true to the owner. Having said that and having spent many years working at a BMW dealer, I request some clarity as to what work was actually performed at said agency. If the suspension repair somehow affected the power train, it seems a bit of a stretch from where I sit in cyberspace. I also request some clarity regarding what you mean when you report the car is running hard? Please repost as soon as possible.

Dr. Hagerty